General Information

Where is the festival site?

Soundwave is based in The Garden in the village of Tisno. The site is unlike any other festival site in the world!

Festival Address:
The Garden
Petrića glava 34
22240 Tisno

Dates and opening times

Soundwave will be held from Thursday 4th August to Monday 8th August inclusive. Note that Monday is a full day of programming! Music will start on Thursday 4th midday and finish in the early hours of Tuesday 9th August.

The festival site will be open from 12pm (midday) on Wednesday 3rd August for all customers, until 12pm (midday) on Wednesday 9th August. There is no access to the site before or after this time.

What is the nearest airport?

The nearest airports to the village of Tisno are Zadar (45 mins*), Split (90 mins*) or Zagreb (4 hrs*).

*Journey times are for the highway route and will typically take a little longer by bus or coach. 

We have official airport transfers to and from Split and Zadar airports, the only transfer that will get you all the way to the festival site. Full schedule here

What is the currency in Croatia?

The Croatian currency is the kuna (kn / HRK). As a general guide 1 GBP = 9 – 10 kn; 1 EUR = 7 – 8 kn.

Where is the nearest ATM?

There is an ATM on-site at The Garden. There are also a handful of ATMs and currency exchanges in the village of Tisno, a short walk from the festival site.

Is there first aid on-site?

Yes, there will be first aid and a medical tent on-site.

Where is the nearest hospital?

Sibenik town, 15km away.

I am not staying on the festival site, will there be taxis late at night?

Taxis can be found by the entrance of the festival.

Alternatively you can use boat taxis, which depart from the boat party pier. Please note that you will need a festival wristband to enter, so you will need to go to the main box office first.

Can I bring my dog or cat?

No pets are allowed on the festival site. If you are looking to bring along your pet you will need to stay off site.

Will there be lost property?

Lost property will be held at the Production Office next to the on-site restaurant.


Soundwave has partnered up with some of the best accommodation providers in Tisno. We have on-site and off-site accommodation.

The Garden has a range of accommodation options to suit all budgets, including: apartments; yachts; airstreams; luxury camping; DIY camping and camping pods. To book, visit The Garden here.

If you would prefer to stay off-site, Soundwave has teamed up with Love Music Travel and Croatia Wave who will take the hassle out of booking and tailor a package holiday to your exact needs.

*Note that packages on offer at both Love Music Travel and Croatia Wave include: festival tickets; airport transfers and accommodation.

Food and Drink

What is there to eat?

There is a restaurant on-site which is open from breakfast until late and serves an extensive menu. There are also various food stalls around the site, and plenty of vegetarian options. In Tisno there are loads of great places to eat.

Can we bring our own food and drink into the site and boat parties?

No, you can’t bring your own food and drink. There are, however, loads of bars selling alcoholic drinks, soft drinks and food.


Festival tickets include five days of entry into the festival site (Thursday 4th to Monday 8th August inclusive). Tickets can be purchased here.

Deposit plan tickets are standard festival ticket split in two payments.  The first payment is £50 (+bf) and the remaining balance is payable by 12th June 2016.

The full price of the ticket will be the same as a standard ticket at the time of completing the payment.

Customers who do not fulfill the full ticket value by 12th June will lose their deposit – with no refund available.

Festival and deposit plan tickets do not include accommodation.On-site accommodation is sold separately and can be purchased here.

Which outlet should I buy my ticket from?

Festival tickets are now on sale and are available here.We use a handful of different ticketing partners all of which can be found here.

How do I collect my tickets?

You will need to print off your booking confirmation and bring it to the box office at the festival along with your photo ID.

If you are staying on-site, you will also be able to check-into your accommodation and collect your wristband at the box office.

My tickets have not arrived in the post.

Tickets are not sent by post. You will need to print off your booking confirmation and bring it to the box office with your photo ID on arrival.

Can I get a refund?

Unfortunately refunds are not available. However, should you be unable to make it to the festival you are able to change the name on the ticket for a fee of £15*.

For more information on the name changing process please contact

*Name changes are at the festival’s discretion.

Can I get a day ticket?

Yes, day tickets will be available for purchase closer to the time and at the box office.

There will be cheaper day tickets for ex-Yugoslavian nationals (must have photo ID).

Can I come to Soundwave if I am under 18 years old?

Yes, all are welcome to Soundwave. However, all under 18 year olds must be accompanied by an adult who will need to sign a form upon arrival taking responsibility for the minor.

Can I bring my young child into the festival?

Yes, families are welcome at Soundwave. However, all under 18 year olds must be accompanied by an adult who will need to sign a form upon arrival taking responsibility for the minor.

Boat Parties

Soundwave boasts some great boat parties.

To get on a Boat party you must have a festival ticket. However, boat party tickets are not sold in conjunction with the festival ticket and must be purchased separately. Boat party announcements coming soon.

After parties

Soundwave hosts after parties at the stunning open-air club Barbarella’s on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Please note that due to capacity limitations, after parties are ticketed separately. You do not have to purchase a festival ticket to go to and after party.

After party announcements coming soon.


How can I get from the airport to the festival site in Tisno?

We recommend that you book an official Soundwave transfer. We have arranged transfers form Split and Zadar. Book your transfers here.

Another option is to make your own way to fit in with your travel plans. There are buses from all airports to the main centre bus terminals, and from most cities you will find regular buses to Zadar or Sibenik. Once at the main bus terminals in Zadar / Sibenik you can catch a local bus to Tisno.

For those of you with the luxury of more time for an adventure other airport options in Croatia are Zagreb or Dubrovnik.

Can I hire a car?

Yes, so long as you are over 21 years old and have held a licence for minimum of 1 year.

Check these sites for car rental in Croatia: Argus Car Hire or Uni Rent

What are the trains and bus service like in Croatia?

Unfortunately the train services aren’t great. Buses are quicker, cheaper and connect all the cities with a regular service. Tickets can be bought on board the buses. Longer journeys have service stops which are induced in the travel time.

Boat Taxis?

Boat taxis are available to and from Tisno and neighbouring towns directly to our own private bay on the festival site (the boat party pier). Please note that you will need to get your festival wristband from the box office first or you will not be allowed entry into the site.

You can even take a night-time boat taxi voyage to the Barbarella’s after parties.

Performing at the festival

Can I apply to DJ or perform at the festival?

Our programming is pretty much sorted for now but you can drop us an email on and we will review your application, if not for this year then maybe for next! Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we are not able to get back to everyone but we will review your email when we get a chance.

Working at the festival

Can I have a stall at the festival?

Only Croatian nationals with a Croatian trading license have the right to sell goods at the festival. Please contact The Garden directly on if you have a Croatian trading license and would like to have a stall at the festival.

Can I volunteer at the festival?

We have a limited number of volunteering positions available. Volunteers usually get festival entry, some food and drinks in exchange for a few shifts. If you are interested in volunteering please contact with your CV and a brief note explaining what you would like to get involved in.

Can I work at the festival?

Unfortunately no, we have our staff sorted! The bar and security staff is hired directly by The Garden and only Croatian nationals have the right to work as bar staff and security.

Contact –